|
Sunday, September 09, 2001
|
News Item: College Women find Sarah Mclachlan insipiring. Man, I was just checking out some Music Sites where in the message boards, nearly 98.8% of all Sarah Mclachlan fans are College Students of which 98% are women (except for the two gay guys in that far dorm). Most common thing I find is: "Sarah has so much talent and puts so much emotion into what she loves to do." Well, shit, so do the Iron Chef's...and they'll be beheaded if they don't serve up some 3+ Star Cuisine. I remember back in High School, walking past some stairway where I overheard a group of girls cackling: "Are you going to the Sarah Mclachlan Concert? I heard her husband had a botched vesictomy and she stood by his side and wrote three of her Top 100 hits at that time...that's so inspiring."
I tell you what's inspiring, she created an army of Eazy Mix stations across the nation, has a crew of English/Theater Arts Major's across the nation as her official fanclub and finally made a traveling music festival (i.e. Lilith Fair) where they serve Franzia/Seagrams Winecoolers instead of Bud Light. I have no fucking clue where i'm going with this blog...but this whole Sarah Mclachlan thing has been bugging me since 10th Grade.
posted by HZA | 9:36 PM | email | archive
