Thursday, October 25, 2001
The continuuation of Hza's favorite albums of all time. As mentioned below, that was a truncated list, so this is the extension.

  • The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed & Exile on Mainstreet | Let it Bleed is a high-glossed tomb of very good rock songs, from You Can't Always Get What You Want to Gimme Shelter. Exile on Mainstreet however sounds the opposite. A sonic wall of honky tonk and blues, it contains my favorite Stones song of all time: Tumbling Dice. Get em to get your Ya-Ya's out.

  • The Beatles - All of them. | There is no bad Beatles records.

  • Jeff Buckley - Grace | I first listened to this album way back in...96' or something. At the time, it didn't really register with me, but years later, there is nothing more beautiful than this record. Jeff's voice just kind of floats on top of everything and his lyrics hit close to home.

  • The Stone Roses - The Second Coming | Way back in the day, my little brother and I went to those Blockbuster Music tent sales where they had boxes and boxes stuff with discount CD's (usually crap like CC Peniston or Kenny G) but I found this album in one box. I remembered that I really dug that one single they had released from this album Love Spreads. I picked it up and it's one of the best records i've ever heard. Equal parts British Pop and Blues-Rock. John Squire is a guitar god.

  • Pearl Jam - Ten & Vitalogy | I do think Vitalogy is a more mature album, but Ten is in the books for being a damn good album too. Classico.

  • U2 - Achtung Baby | Not as good as The Joshua Tree, but songs like Mysterious Ways and one of the greatest pop songs ever written, One, make it on my list.

  • Sebadoh - Bake Sale | The quentissential lo-fi rock record. College Kids from the 90's will remember this one.



  • More to come once I wake up from my deep slumber. Peace out.
    posted by HZA | 12:06 AM | email | archive

    > PHOTOS/FLICKR
    > MYSPACE
    > FACEBOOK
    > TWITTER
    > CONTACT
    > ABOUT
    > ARCHIVE

    Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr