|
Monday, October 22, 2001
|
Some of H-Dog's favorite albums of all time, in no particular order. I'm in a music mood, so I'm going to list some of my personal favorite albums:
U2 - The Joshua Tree | What a great album. This has all the classic jams and you don't even have to be a fan of 80's music to enjoy the rock. With or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky? Yeah, that's right.. Radiohead - The Bends | I really can't think of any other album that is this good from the first to last track. Every single one of these songs is excellent and should be on your shortlist of file stealing songs. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers | One of the funniest hip hop albums of all time. The rhymes are good, the beats are dope (as Wally likes to say) and each member has their own personality. Counting Crows - August and Everything After | Despite what POTG may say, The General and I still believe this is SLIGHTLY better than Recovering The Satellites (which is a damn good album in itself). Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream | People say Gish is a better album, but this is the the first Pumpkins album I ever bought, actually I think it was the first CD I ever bought as well. And my ex-girlfriend (when we were friends) gave me a copy of the tape before. Loads of memories on this one boys and girls. Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine | Rage's first album is probably their finest. It's the rawest and most viceral. Outkast - Aquemini | There are so many 'bumpin' tracks on this, it's not even funny. There are maybe one or two un-'krunk' (hahaha) tracks, but the rest of the album makes up for that. Beastie Boys - Check Your Head | The first Beastie's album of the nineties (ok maybe Paul's Boutique, but i can't remember right now). This has more instrumental funk than the sampling of previous records. And the Beasties are so freaking funny.
Well, I got more, but I gotta go to class!
posted by HZA | 7:44 PM | email | archive
