|
Wednesday, October 17, 2001
|
Whoa-no Japanese Nazi's anywhere..! I was supposed to get a quick training how-to from Ed on some new Technology from Japan, but he's in some meeting right now and with no more Dell 8200's requiring my installing $kills, i've got a quick break to blog my heart out. A little something:
1.) Well, you heard about the 7/7 debacle (read below) so anyways The Gimp goes ahead and drops me off at the airport. Remembering what happened last time I went through the Metal Detectors with my metal Texas Shaped Belt Buckle (just kidding, but it is metal), I decided to place my belt in my backpack. So i'm going through the metal detector holding my pants up and I still get manhandled. My laptop is 'checked' to verify that it is a Windows/Intel machine.
2.) The plane is pretty much dead, with myself at the sweet window seat an empty one next to me and some weird mutha at the end. Snap! forgot to mention, I broke down and ate at the Salt Lick barbecue at the Austin-Bergstrom Airport. Shiner Bock cost me four bucks. Anyways, i'm eating AGAIN on the airplane and the H-Dog doesn't like plain Sun Chips. So I give them to the guy and he tells me thank you for like, fifteen times. He sounds a little strange anyways. So I tell him it's cool and he goes back to reading his Agatha Christie novel.
3.) When he get's off he thanks me again for the Sun Chips that are "just soooo good!" and I say "no problem man". While leaving the walkway, my shoe is untied and so I go to the nearest seat to prop my foot up and tie it again. What the hell do you know, it's that strange guy again with HIS shoe untied. He says something like: "Well i'll be Liz Taylor's bitch. We both got our shoes untied!" I just start laughing and walk away. Wierdo.
4.) Shit, I can't remember anything after that. Gonna go to dinner with Hoang and Mary tonight, since I haven't seen them in awhile. I gotta give Ice/Cuervo a call and wake him from his siesta.
Peace. No song of the day right now. Why do these PCB Design mo-fo's at my company have the 21" Monitors? I have a damn 17" back in Austin. Heads are rolling.
posted by HZA | 4:54 PM | email | archive
