|
Saturday, November 10, 2001
|
Good Morning. Drank too much last night..and stayed up too late. Now I gotta clean this joint, crap, this could take all day....I tried playing that Dark Age of Camelot Game The General has been pitching, but it sucks. I can't get into it. Anyways, anybody in Austin wanna go do something later, gimme a ring.
Song of the Day--
Funny story, there's a Japanese Accounting Manager in California call Nobu-san (The San is optional). He's always been a hardass to everybody that comes in from Texas to do training or whatever. My boss Scott was/is his arch-nemesis, kinda like Jerry Seinfeld and Newman. So I'm sitting there in Oakland during the training sessions and i'm forced to talk to Nobu-san (he's sitting in the front of the class, all by himself--loser!). I overheard Robin say something that he was into 70's rock so I decided to delve into my repertoire of useless facts. So he starts to tell me about his Led Zepplin revival (imagine the a-typical Japanese tight ass telling you that Jimmy Page is "excellent"). To cut it short, later on that day he approaches me with a cassette tape in hand and says "You need to hear this live cover by The Faces". I'm a pretty big Faces fan (Rod Stewarts REAL Rock N' Roll stint) and so we're sitting out in the parking lot of the company, listening to this song. I was pretty sure he was gonna slip in Led Zepplin IV, bust out a joint and make a beer run at the local gas station. Talk about akward.
1.) The Faces - Angel (Live Hendrix Cover).
posted by HZA | 10:56 AM | email | archive
