Sunday, January 20, 2002
The Golden Joke Awards. The Fellowship of the Rings got snuffed in every category it was nominated in! I didn't watch it three times just to see it get the big can at the half-assed Oscars. Of course, this is the same prestigious body of critics (The Hollywood Foreign Press) that gave Legally Blonde a nomination for best Comedy/Musical. Why the hell (besides for the sake of convienence) would a Musical be Comedic and vice versa? But like I was telling all you chumps all these years: Nicole Kidman is beautiful. Now that she dumped that 5'3" guy that was in that movie that had those pilots and MIG Fighter Planes, she's available. Somebody please email me her phone number.

However, Gene Hackman does get the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Comedy for The Royal Tenenbaums! So little redemption, however, for such a big debacle. It's like saying: "Well, my entire 401k went down the tube after Enron went belly up, but all those years of stealing office supplies has given me a well equiped desk."

Since A Beautiful Mind won everything in sight, I guess we should go see Russell Crowe drool and generally go insane. I'll go see it just for Jennifer Connolly though...damn, makes you wonder why she didn't win anything for The Rocketeer?
posted by HZA | 10:02 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr