Saturday, January 12, 2002
Mormon Attack! So I was chilling out on the couch when they came. Joe had gone into work, leaving me the lone flagbearer of skepticism in the Apartment. I was watching MTV2's Top 10 Rap Countdown when a knocking came to my door. I looked through the peep hole and saw the two Mormons looking back at me and I was hesitant to open the door, but some Outkast song was blaring on the TV so I knew they know I was in the apartment. I invited the shleps in and we talked about Theology for about a half hour. As Mormon #1 was describing his version of Biblical History, Mormon #2 was showing me little pictures to accompany the speech. Overall, a very convincing sales presentation.

I asked them about "The Celestial Kingdom" and homie tells me "Well, we have a 6 step program where we tell you all about that. We ask you to make commitments, like a Baptism, etc. before we discuss any of that." What the hell? I can go to a Episcopal Church down the road and they can tell me about the afterlife, and you guys are telling me I have to give you my Spiritual MasterCard before finding out more?? Wacky.

So anyways, they blabber on and on with overtly generalized questions about God and Jesus Christ as well as ask me questions designed so they could further preach the Book of Mormon. To top it all off, they asked if they could come back in a few days to discuss what I thought about The Book of Mormon, in which I replied: "I have in no doubt in my mind that you guys have faith that this book is the truth. So I tell you what, I'll call you if I want to talk about it. As for now, I just missed MTV2's #1 Rap Video of 2002. Please go back to your temple."

Here are some interesting links if you, or your loved ones, are interested in The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints: The Book of Mormon contradicts itself / The Book of Mormon: A Superior Revelation or a Hoax? / Ex-Mormon Q&A

posted by HZA | 1:34 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr