|
Saturday, July 27, 2002
|
Lemme rant here for a sec. Did I ever mention those annoying people in the movie theater who have to express their opinions? I mean, sure they get one laugh from the bubbly couple in front of them who think "Heh. that's true. That's funny AND true." But the worse part of it all is, they KEEP DOING IT, but the laughter doesn't continue.
Case in point: The Bourne Identity. Emily and I went to go see this trite film, when they displayed a trailer for the movie SWIMFAN. The jackass behind us with the insightful comments on the movie business says: "It's funny, because it sucks!" and then snorts, while the two whitest people on God's white earth in front of him, start cracking up like they just saw Richard Pryor for the first time. Well anyways, throughout the movie, he makes about one or two LOUD comments about something in the film ( in the vein of "oh, YOU DUMBASS! HAR HAR") but anyways, the value of his standup routine is slowly fading away.
Yet, the jackass doesn't learn and ruins the film for the rest of us.
A variant of this was at Austin Powers : Goldmember last night. The only thing was, he would laugh roughly 2-3 seconds BEFORE the punchline hit or wouldn't stop laughing thereafter. I could hear his piercing, annoying giggle. Oh yeah, there was this freak who was dressed up as Austin Powers and his "roomate" was dressed up as Dr. Evil. I'm pretty sure their girlfriends approved of that, if they had one.
Song of the Day:
1.) The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba. LOVE THIS SONG! TRACK IS DOPE!
posted by HZA | 11:40 AM | email | archive
