|
Monday, July 29, 2002
|
The Road to Perdition. Last saturday, I went with Wally to Austin Books here in town. For those of you familiar, it's a comic book shop (which I hadn't been in in about 7 years). While perusing through the shelves and wafting away the scent of desperation off of the patrions, I saw the graphic novel that the movie The Road to Perdition was based off of. Yes, that was something I didn't know either. A movie based on a comic book that didn't involve mutant powers and skin tight jumpsuits.
Anyway, Wally bought a copy and I've been reading it. Although each page contains only three to four panels, it's a pretty good read and could see why the filmakers wanted to make a movie of this. Check out the Graphic Novel here.
Austin Books also had a girl working behind the counter, and I thought to myself: "Wally, this girl would be perfect for you. You could read Japanese Anime to each other every night and discuss the Marvel Universe over mimosa's and Mac n' Cheese." Alas, it was her lunch break and Wally was checking out this month's Justice League issues.
Song of the Day:
1.) Pete Drodge - If you don't love me. Saw Kingpin yesterday at Emily's--movie is way too funny.
posted by HZA | 12:50 AM | email | archive
