Sunday, July 21, 2002
What a sonuvabitch of a weekend. So anyways, my new HDTV was supposed to be shipped to me Friday afternoon. It was to be one of the most glorius days of my life--my Wedding Day! Instead, it turned into a prison movie where I was made someone's bitch. That friday, I take my car in early for a routine oil change when about an hour later I get a call telling me that i have a Radiator Leak...560 dollars to fix. This is the scene where three guys gang up on me in the laundry room, reading to ream me out. I say go ahead and do the repairs..i'll just have to hit the credit cards to pay for it. This casts a dark cloud of the entire day.

The delivery guys (which, by the way, were two of the nicest dudes around) dropped off the HDTV. The daunting task of cleaning up my living room and then redoing my entire home theater was also bumming me out. The pinnacle of my Home Theater collection, i'm talking 65 million years in the making, was here, but I could care less, because my g-ride was sitting in a money pit. The looming package of Ramen Noodles for the next month floated above my head.

But that's not it--The dealership calls me back and tells me: "Yeah, your condenser fan wasn't coming on, causing the radiator leak." Oh shit. "The good news is we won't charge you labor, just the part." So how much is the part? "About 280 bucks." Whoa, that's nearly 840 bucks? I get the lead pipe out and proceed to bludgeon my freaking head. "Sure." I say. This is the scene where I found out the Prison Warden is really running the seedy side of the prison and i'm nothing but a pawn in his sadistic game.

Anyways, thanks to Emily for calming me down and reassuring me. Thanks to everybody who gave me some positive things to think about (55" HDTV!), which include: Mike (Wally), Troy (POTG), John (The General), Joe (Meth), My Boss, Dave the Mexican from Work, Leandro at capnasty.org and of course: the wonderful Miss Emily, for whom my big screen TV gives a whopping headache...but baby, it's all worth it!

Some pics:

This crap hole was my old living room, where the ole' 27" Toshiba has been gutted.

Me, living it up. as you can see, the tags are still on the set. A result of the aging process.

A shot of the set, looking good.

A shot of the A/V rack with the Panasonic RP-62 Progressive Scan player and the Yamaha reciever.

To eliminate the red push on the set, I had to get some parts from Radioshack. This is a 75-Ohm bi-directional attenuator. Email me if you need directions (some adapter plugs needed).

The best seat in the house is from the pleather couch!

posted by HZA | 4:17 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr