Friday, September 27, 2002
Greg, the Finance Manager at David McDavid Acura: "Hey Hai, in regards to your trade in, just grab your ankles and let me finance you in the ass." For real, i'm spittin' mad. Went in, got a decent price for a 2002 Acura RSX Automatic and went to get my old g-ride appraised. The Antiques Road Show monkey over at the used car division offers 50% of the listed TRADE IN value of my car. No way in hell I say!

So they send out the big guns. Greg, THE Finance Manager who has the gaul to lie to my face and offers me a simple solution: "Hey, I can ask you to leave my lot right now!". Wow! I'm sure he recieved many 5 gold stars at those Customer Service Workshops. After calling him on his bluff and REITERATING my stance that he is indeed lying to me, he backs down: "Hey, i'm just trying to help you out."

The lie you ask? "No bank will finance a car (my trade-in) with 90,000 miles on it." I have two witnesses that can verify that is EXACTLY what the FINANCE manager is telling me.

I should of thrown my cell phone on the table and ask him to call every local bank within a mile radius and ask if they financed cars with that many miles on it. The very intersting thing is even the FINANCE manager, who has no business even looking at the value of a trade-in, says I have some door-dings. Apparently, $4,000.00 dollars worth of door dings. I'd hate to see what one of those "Grateful Dead Dancing Bears" stickers takes off the value of a car.

After all was said and done, that tool walks off and doesn't come back for quite some time (after offering to get another David McDavid Financial Wizard to back up his claim). The funniest thing is that Emily was with me who is now a First Level Loan Officer at her Credit Union and was able to repute everything the guy said, in regards to bank finances. When the H-Dog requests backup, he get's it! Now on to GUNN Acura in San Antonio! No repeat customer here YOU LIARS!
posted by HZA | 8:50 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr