Monday, September 02, 2002
I'll take a minute to describe my weekend-- It was one of drinking, of having fun and mostly of the seering Texas heat. Friday night, we talked the The Champ into going downtown with Emily, her brother Frank, New Jersey and myself downtown. I can't really recall where we went to first, but I do know that Emily's brother and her cousin got smoked at their own game: Pool. At first, I was to think that this was another case of "The Color of Money", where they were going to kick some ass, but it wasn't. That's alright, because these guys were **REAL** good. I mean, they could get the pool balls in the those holes on the table. Amazing. =P

Afterwards, there was some discussion to head to Casino El Camino, a local devil worshiping bar that included some of the friendliest Satanic wait staff on the face of the planet. Actually, it has affiliation to the netherworld, but I couldn't resist writing about it in that manner because that's how everybody described it as.

More talks of relocation continued and we finally ended up at some bar down the street. The odd thing is, we ran into Damien and his buddies from out of town in there. Also, my bouyant dancing was described as "embarrassing" and "totally embarrassing" by a one, Emily. It's just another case of jealousy, because my skills on the dance floor cannot be contended with--except for at the Wedding Sat. Night, which I'll go into detail later.

Saturday's wedding was held at St. Catherine's in South Austin. The ceremony was very nice, especially the part with the pyrotechnics and then the complete Jazzercise cast came running out, handing everybody a program. Hahah, that didn't happen suckers. The reception was at the Hyatt on Town Lake at the 17th floor. When we got into the elevators, the buttons only went up to the 16th. "Is it on the roof? Like in that cool Guns N' Roses video"? Nope, we had to walk up the grand staircase to the 17th floor, which had a beauitful view of Town Lake and Downtown Austin.

Some interesting moments:

Uncle James from the other family walks up to Emily's mom, smelling of beer:
"Hiya there. Name's Uncle James, but alot of people call me Fiesty."
"Well, hi Uncle James."
"I just came over to welcome you to the family." Proceeds to squeeze some prime butt.
"Oh! Ok..Well, thank you Uncle James!"
"No..thank you." Smirks, walks off.

I was close enough to the conversation to hear about that much. Of course, i'm not totally sure if it went like that, but my memory has never failed me before. =P Emily's brother did an awesome Spider-Man Dance thing on the wall that left me in hysterics. Do you have to take years of dance conditioning for that?

Anyways--The quality moment came though when Emily's dad did a rousing rendition of...the only way to describe it is: A Stocky Italian man flailing arms and legs for dear life. The entire room was flabergasted, wondering "Where does he get these skills?" Nobody wanted to dance during this--I mean, how in the heck do you follow that up? Quality stuff.

When the reception was over, I went home and crashed. Yesterday, went to Damien's BBQ he was having in honor of his friend from out of town. Was a nice little gathering where alot of dance moves were exchanged. They decided to go out and do the 6th Street again, but we opted not to go.

Well, that was my weekend. I'm chilling out here at home for the rest of the day, and trying to finish up today's strip. Take it easy.

Song of the Day:
1.) How Emily looked Saturday night: Eric Clapton - You Look Wonderful Tonight. I know: Awwwww..you guys are disgustingly disgusting!
posted by HZA | 6:44 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr