|
Thursday, September 05, 2002
|
Work updates. Some updates going on here at my workplace:
1.) German Engineering...and tech support? Our Micro-Drill station wasn't working the other day. This is a high dollar piece of equipment, engineered and manufactured in Germany. It has very high precision stages as well as the ability to do drill holes smaller than the diameter of your hair. So Albert sends an email to the German headquarters asking what the deal is. The damn thing won't power up. He get's a response in this manner: A.) Open the back panel up behind the machine. B.) Look for a green box that housed in the assembly. C.) Take a hammer and hit the green box. I'm not kidding you. But then Albert says: "I'll be damned. It worked."
2.) Power supplies. I'm working on this redesign of this son of a biatch project that I did last year. It originally took me three days to complete it...well they want me to do it again because they made some changes. Anyways, two hours of peddling away, making some great progress when BAM! the breaker overloads and my computer shuts off. As Dave was telling me afterwards (to some degree): "When the power goes out on a computer, the Devil bitches and moans but-- Jesus Saves." Doh.
posted by HZA | 1:55 PM | email | archive
