Monday, October 28, 2002
A comedy...of errors. Why hire two professional movers when you can get five of your surly friends to do it? We helped The General move all his stuff from Northwest Austin to the small Texas hamlet of Elgin this weekend. For those of you who were in Austin at the time, you will recall that it was cold and wet. Problems began early when the midsize U-HAUL and small U-HAUL trailer were inadequate to move all of his stuff.

To top it all off, there was a Washer/Dryer needed to be picked up from Lowes (which was to fit in the U-HAUL). As the day progressed, so did The General's anger level--getting to the point of "just shove it in there..." proportions. After some of his furniture was damaged during transit and arrived at his new house, we made a "Man Train" to get his stuff in there. Because the ramp was slippery when wet, there had to be a spotter for the guy moving the large appliances with the dolly.

Poyfather and I were making sure that The General wasn't going to slip and slide down the ramp with his entertainment center. Since his anger level was beyond imagine, he kept saying "Hey man, I got it..I GOT IT MAN..LET GO." So Poyfather and I let go and guess what...the dude goes sliding down with the biggest "OH SHIT" you ever heard. Laughter ensues and The General looks like a dumbass. Magic.

Also, The Gimp came through with his usual fashion. Close to the end of the move, I get a message on my voicemail from him: "Hey man, I'm over at John's (aka The General), but nobodies around? Nobody called me this morning." He's as regular as the tides, I tell ya.

After the move, went to a kick-ass party out in Manor where Jimmy Lafave was playing. The unfortunate thing was, we turned around before we even got there. The cold weather, rain and sheer distance of Manor can do that to people. We were invited by Emily and her Mom's coworker.

UPDATES: Happy B-Day to Poyfather and him and Carrozzi's trip to Las Vegas. Hope Melody has a safe trip back to the south-middle of Texas, TX.

Song of the Day:
1.) Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love.
posted by HZA | 1:28 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr