|
Wednesday, November 06, 2002
|
Telemarketers. I've had some funny run-ins with these 'telemarketer' folks. To me, they might be up there with Car Salesman as some of the most annoying people on earth. Austin American Statesman's subscription corps. seems to call at least twice a day to sell me their paper. The other night, they called and I the lady that I got the newspaper covered because it's always here at work. "Well, what about the Weekend Editions?" I tell her, if I really needed to find something in the newspaper that I couldn't find on-line, then i'd just go out and buy one. "Well, what if your work doesn't have the paper? or worst, you lose yoru job?" Lady, if I lost my job, the last thing on my mind would be looking for daily HEB ad to see how much tube steak was going for.
Wally, unfortunately, has to get the majority of the telemarketing calls because he's home during the days. He told me the other week that somebody came up looking for a "HAY LAY" (aka me). After instructing her for quite a bit on how to accurately pronounce my name, the telemarketer asked "Ok. Hi Lee. I got it. So is Hi Lee available?". Wally replied, "No he's not." and then hung the phone. hahahahaha aa ha....
I think the worst one I got was a carpet cleaning business left a message on my machine, begging me to hire him. He went as far as to give me a huge sob story that if he doesn't pick up business he might have to lay off two of his 'new' workers. I knew it was a recording because of volume of the playback and that he always referenced to me as 'you' and not by my first name. Assholes.
posted by HZA | 1:23 PM | email | archive
