|
Monday, December 16, 2002
|
Man..i NEED to be Comp'd! Went to Emily's Credit Union's Christmas Jamborie last Saturday night. The food was good, the drinks were expensive and the Karaoke..well... there was singing. Apparently, every other financial institution decided to have their Christmas Party this weekend too. Wells Fargo had theirs down at the Frank Erwin and Poyfather's CCU was somewhere.
A co-worker of Emily's had rented a room and had his own little bar going on up there. Thanks for the hookups Mike/Amber and my Wallet thanks you as well. We also went to my Boss's Wife's graduation party at the VFW Hall that Time Forgot. They had hired a band called The Los Pinkies that play a combination of Tejano/Zydeco, which was pretty cool. I finally got to see my Boss boogey on down on the dance floor. Never before hath my eyes seen a chubbier white boy kick it.
In other news, I will be giving up the crown of the Big-Screen HDTV to Poyfather. He recieves his sweet WS-65411 today, whomping my scrawny ass with 10 extra inches of viewing bliss. Long live the King!
Odd Story: A little late Friday night I get an unknown call on my cell phone. I pick it up and it's The Gimp puffing on a cigarette. "Hey man, can you do me a favor?" I ask him what. "I need you to go up to the Theater (his ex-job) and pick up my paycheck. They think I moved out of town." I decided at that point NOT to ask what kind of goofy ass situation he had gotten into and promptly declined. Some things in life are better left unexplained and excommunicated.
posted by HZA | 10:08 AM | email | archive
