|
Friday, August 08, 2003
|
The Funeral. Shawn's funeral service was nice, yet I can't imagine how hard it is on his family. Everybody started to cry a little when they saw his casket, but seeing his family, especially Mei (his wife) had everybody crying. I got to speak to all of them after work today and it was pretty heart wrenching. As I mentioned before, he was one of the nicest guys I've ever known (and probably ever will). I always thought he was an unselfish guy, always willing to help ANYBODY at work. It really dawned on me that his unselfishness stretched greater than I imagined when I talked to his family after work.
The service used a picture of him from 93' when he recieved his American Citizenship. Shawn's daughter Jenny told me that that was one of the proudest days of his life, but he leaves something more to be proud of behind: His beautiful family who also share a part of his values and ethics.
Shawn's family rushed the funeral service to coincide with June 8th, which in Taiwan is the equivalent of Father's Day. They had told me that is was his favorite holiday because it gave him a chance to be around the people he loved. I guess this year was no different.
posted by HZA | 6:42 PM | email | archive
