|
Tuesday, August 05, 2003
|
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Show's a blockbuster, but I saw the original ones on Bravo (yeah, I got DRUGGED into watching this one--i'm talking to you Emily). A good BACKEND to NBC's Thursday night Gay Power Hour, following Will & Grace. There's another gay show on Bravo about thirty guys have to date this one gay guy and then some of them are straight and they all get together in this hot tub and make out in a big gay finale. I think it's called Friends.
Speaking of Friends, Matt LeBlanc's character Joey will be getting a spinoff show after the series finale. Yeah, that's gonna good.
Six Feet Under Season 2--when's this sucker gonna come out on DVD? I'd go ahead and start collecting The Sopranos and OZ, but I don't have 500+ bucks to burn on television series.
Speaking of wasting money, I got me some lenses for my Canon 10D:
1.) Canon EF 28-105 f3.5-4.5 USM I. A good lens for the price, since I got it used. Sharpness and contrast are pretty good in adequate light, but the bokeh is a little disturbing (I believe however, that it's specular highlights from some of the poorer pictures i've taken). I had been using a borrowed (2 actually) 28-80 USM lenses (one a MKI and the other a MKIV) and wanted the extra telephoto zoom. When all things are relative, I can't tell that much of a difference on the long end.
2.) Tokina 19-35 f3.5-4.5 'Plastic Fantastic'. This lens rocks my world, especially at the low low price I paid for it. It's called the 'Plastic Fantastic' by some of the guys over at the www.dpreview.com forums, but I swear it's got more metal than my RSX. I can get a 'decent' wide angle with my 10D now. All you ladies with the big butts, get in line.
Some things I hope to get down the pipe (hey, my birthday is coming up--everybody start pitching in, because it's gonna be a broke ass Christmas!):
- Cano EF 50mm 1.8 II. A prime lens on the cheap, from what I hear, it's a stunner.
- The Big Ed (BG-ED3). Vertical camera grip and battery holder. To make my 10D even more monstrous.
- Bogen Manfrotto. Because my cheap ass tri-pod is only a BoyFrotto.
- 550EX Flash. To start my *OWN* Shock and Awe campaign.
Anyways, more to come. Shalom.
posted by HZA | 3:14 PM | email | archive
