|
Wednesday, September 17, 2003
|
New CD's! Thanks to Sue and Frank for two of my newest CD's (for my birthday):
1.) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take them on, on your own. Ok CD, however the two outstanding tracks Stop and Six Barrel Shotgun are the first two tracks, leaving you quite hungry through the rest of the CD.
2.) Billy Bragg and Wilco - Mermaid Avenue. Those of you unfamiliar with this album, it's Billy Bragg (British Punk/Folk icon) and Wilco (one of the best American bands today) covering unrecorded songs of the great Woodie Gunthrie. Go get it!
Other things I have recieved:
- Naked Pictures of Famous People by John Stewart : My dear Emily gave this one to me and it's a riot. My favorite piece? The diary of Avram, the waiter at the Last Supper.
- A Jumbo George Foreman Grill : Again, by that dang Emily. I put raw meat on this sucker and it comes back cooked...genius.
- Another Tommy Hilfiger Shirt from the Collection of my older brother : Every year, I get a shirt from my brother that he got from Foley's which looks better on him.
- A shirt from the Gap from Amy : I dig it.
- The most boring day of my life from Last Sunday.
In other news, Norm, Damian's roomate has just purchased a Widescreen HDTV CRT Tube Sony Set. Very cool set. I hope to check it out sometime next week.
Also a shout out to Mike S. and his fiance' Amber who are moving back to Dallas. Sorry I can't make it to your last lunch in town, but we'll see you soon and good luck!
posted by HZA | 8:33 AM | email | archive
