Monday, October 06, 2003
Canon EF 50mm MKI: In case you're wondering, the previous photos were taken with this lens (right). It's a dinosaur, most likely manufactured sometime in the decadent 80's. But let me tell you, it's one of the sharpest tools in the shed, as the that lame analogy goes. I picked it up for pretty cheap on eBay and this sucker is pristine.

It doesn't have a USM motor, no full time manual focussing and is quite loud. Sharpness, contrast and color is spot on. It being a prime lens however, trying to get that shot of th bee (last below) was an exercise in...exercise. Seriously, I had to run a couple times when him and his buddies got irritated and swarmed to me.

I read about this lens from all the raves it got from the DPREVIEW.COM forums. It is in fact as good as they say it is. However, look for a good second hand MKI version! The MKII is quite toy like in construction (however, optically on par with the MKI as I hear).

Having a good ole' time with this one.
posted by HZA | 2:21 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr