|
Thursday, October 02, 2003
|
In the news:
The Rush Limbaugh controversy (with ESPN): I'm sorry to say, but I'm going to have to defend Rush on this one. Yes, he is still a big skinny idiot, but I don't believe he said: "Donovan McNabb is a bad quarterback because he's black." as some would insinuate.
This morning on one of the radio talks shows I listened to, they interviewed the common man on the street about their opinion on this subject. One lady in particular said: "This is America, the land of the free, you should be able to speak your mind." Sorry lady, but when you work in Walt-Disney's corporate controlled America, you abide by their rules (which ESPN is owned by).
Should Rush have been more careful with his choice of words, or to a more extreme, not said anything at all? Sure, why not. This is the land of the 'Out of Context' anyways.
Boston Red Sox losing to the Oakland A's by a bunt: Talk about a downer. The game went on well into the wee hours of the morning here in the CT (Central Time). I can imagine all the Boston Fans that called into work today.
This is like the time I lost to The General in Madden 2003. The game didn't go into overtime, but all timeouts were exhausted and I went in for 40 yard field goal that would of won the game...but it missed the uprights by a hair. Not only were the rest of the guys in the room banging on tables for a climatic "drumming" soundtrack (because i'll be damned if it didn't look like it was going to make it), but I think I became everybody's beer bitch afterwards.
N. Korea says it is making Nukes: This is like a brat-face toddler telling you he just shit in his pants.
Flashdance : The Movie: AMC's been playing this movie non-stop over the weekend. During one of the earlier scenes where she's working out in her studio apartment, stretching, flexing, doing the legs akimbo thing, Emily turns to me and asks: "How come I don't have a body like that?"
Well, that's because you don't weld steel and dance at a seedy full clothed strip joint.
Halle Berry and Eric Benet are in splitsville! Wally, did you get the memo? Time to move in while she's on the rebound! What? You don't have her number? Here it is. Call. Now.
posted by HZA | 12:38 PM | email | archive
