Friday, October 24, 2003
Indiana Jones Thrillogy: Sweeter than a mutha. Finished up the thrillogy last night with The Last Crusade. I can't emphasize how much these movies have stood the test of special effects times. Amazingly, The Last Crusade appeared to have the most flaws in regards to special effects.

Of course, you watch these movies because Indy is the best damn action hero PERIOD. The only Indiana Jones movie I ever saw in the theaters was The Last Crusade when my family and I were vacationing in San Diego, CA. I must of watched all three episodes a million times when it came out on Laser Disc (remember those? I still got some.)

There's a lot of flack out about The Temple of Doom. Yes, it's the weakest of the three movies and Kate Capshaw (aka Mrs. Speilberg) is ANNOOOYYYIIINNNNG. Definately one of the worst female characters in ANY action movie (even worse than Gina Davis in Cutthroat Island). If you can get past her horrible screaming and whining, it's a cool flick.

The new DVD transfers are visually flawless and the sound from Emily's 20" Mono-TV was amazing. I can't wait to get these discs back home on the Big Rig.

Speaking of seeing movies in theaters, here's one that I remember vividly:

Star Trek - The Final Voyage (or whatever one it was with the Borg). This is my favorite movie story. My friends in I were severely bored one Friday night and decided to check out this movie opening "for the hell of it". When we showed up, the auditorium was PACKED with Star Trek Geeks.

There were people decked out in costumes for this. Nothing TOO crazy (like Klingon makeup), just mostly people in their Enterprise fatigues. There was this geeky, plump Star Trek geek couple waddling their way to their seats in the aisle in front of us. As they pass, the large lady let's out a fart. Nothing ground shaking, but definately loud enough for people around (including us) to gasp.

Then, the geek next to me dressed up as Lt. Jordi Laforge says (loudly): "Oh man, looks like we're passing through a Nebulae Cloud! SNORT!" which then prompted his horde of virgins to all cackle.

I was in hell. Movie was alright though.


posted by HZA | 9:09 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr