|
Wednesday, October 22, 2003
|
Weekend movies. I was just sitting here thinking about all the movies I saw for free on Cable this weekend. Tons more than I'm accustomed to, because I don't like Pan and Scan, lame bleeping out of curse words and commercials.
- Bram Stockers Dracula. I haven't seen this one in awhile. While greatly edited for the casual TNT'er, this was alot better than I remember it. It stayed true to the book (which, by the way, is a great book) but I think a little too glossed over by the younger actors. I mean, the cowboy guy was way over the top.
- Field of Dreams.Great movie. Kevin Costner reminds me of my buddy the Gimp in this movie. When the chips are down, his farm about to be foreclosed, bills late etc..he just keeps on ignoring it. Amazing.
- The Shawshank Redemption. A great prison movie with an uplifting tone. The TV version had many of the buttr@pe* removed, which suited me fine. One of the more tender inmate scenes with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman gave Emily teary eyes and those "Oh, this is so sad/sweet" comments. It was quite the opposite for me...because you know, they did murder people.
- Beautiful Girl. This was a made for TV movie where a overtly large and plump girl goes all the way to second place in the Miss Pittsburg Beauty Pageant. Fran Drescher is in it, which can kinda sum up the acting for the entire movie. I think Kelly Ripa's husband is in it, but I couldn't tell from all the cringing. Check it out for her "talent" competition in the end, where she belts out one of those motiviational "i'm beautiful no matter what" songs. Funniest made for TV movie of the year. Much funnier than The Threat Matrix.
* - Intentionally mispelled so Google won't send search results to strange people.
posted by HZA | 4:02 PM | email | archive
