|
Tuesday, January 13, 2004
|
It was the best of times and the worst of times. Mostly the worst of times when I got back Sunday to work on Damien's reception photos. To my horror, the double backup I had made on my ImageTank were nowhere to be seen.
The mandatory keel over and dry heave proceeded.
So I called Dames backup and hoped that he hadn't sent his Tux back to the shop. I was hoping to reshoot the formal portraits on Sunday afternoon. Fortunately, a lot of good people at dpreview.com gave me some suggestions on data recovery software. None of them worked on retrieving the CRW data off the MicroDrive because I had formatted and reshot over them. However, I had noticed that 1.5GB of the ImageTank was being used and I could only find 300MB's of it.
I was able to recover all my Canon RAW files with the nifty PhotoRescue software. If anybody shoots with a Digital Camera, this is a great utility.
On the topic of Wedding Photographers: I only shot approx 1/2 of 1/4 of a wedding. It was tough work, especially since i'm usually a lazy guy. Whoever said that it was one of the most overpaid jobs in America (I think it clocked in around #10) obviously has never had to shoot one.
I'll probably do it again for my close friends if they ask, but there's no way in hell i'm going to do it as a side job. If you've seen my photo gallery, you know that I can take shots all day of my dog for much less stress. Besides that, he's less demanding.
posted by HZA | 8:45 AM | email | archive
