Tuesday, January 06, 2004
Phantom Rocks. You know when you're driving and these phantom rocks just come out of nowhere to smack your vehicle? I'm not talking about rocks from a dump truck, but those craaazzy stones that hit your car perpendicular or when there's nobody in front of you.

What kind of hell abyss do they come from? And why MY car?

Case in point, I was driving home one day through a neighborhood at about 30mph. Suddenly, I hear something hit the right hand rear side of my car. I knew it was a rock, but I was hoping it was some soft headed human (to not scratch the paint). Sure enough, it was a rock that scratched my paint.

The same thing happened when Emily and I were driving the Xterra, when a phantom rock came out of nowhere on a highway ramp and nicked the front windshield. Now, I want to also add that this only happens when you have your car for the first year of your loan, because come five months or a year after you've paid off for your junker, phantom rocks do not appear.

Now, that's what I call irony.
posted by HZA | 8:57 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr