|
Friday, March 26, 2004
|
Another victim of my eBay spree. Yes, it's a Contax G1 w/ Carl Zeiss 45mm F/2.0 T* lens. I decided to buy this on a whim after mulling over getting a film camera 'just for sh*ts'. I was going to originally buy a cheap, older EOS body to get some real wide angle shots with (because of the 1.6X crop of the 10D), as well as being able to use my current equipment.
It's an AF Rangefinder type that I might have to get used to, but it's all for fun anyways. My main reason for trying out Contax/Zeiss combo out is to see what all the talk was all about on these German (Japan made these days)Zeiss lenses. Since they (Contax) have no viable Digital format (besides the TVS Digital and their Vario-Sonnar Type lenses on Sony Digital cameras), it had to be Film. Speaking of the Vario-Sonnar designs on the Sony Digicams, it's interesting to note that all but the Sony F828 do NOT have the 'special' T* coating (although, from what I read, have a Zeiss Multi-coating variant).
For the significally smaller amount than it's original MSRP of $2,000 (at the time of the G1's introduction), how could you not pass up on this beauty?
A side note: Guess what I had for dinner two nights in a row? You got it! Sandwiches and soup. I lucked out and got some chips last night--a suprising treat.
Also: University of Alabama is now in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tourney. I'm officially out of the office pool.
posted by HZA | 9:39 AM | email | archive
