|
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
|
A word from your sponser. Well, two weekends ago it was Emily and I's BIG DAY...and oh boy was it. Rather than waste your valuable work time by giving a long winded story, here are the highlights:
- From Wednesday to the Wedding Night I had a sum of probably one sandwich in food, due to the amount of preperation, etc. needed for the big day.
- The wedding ceremony was great because The Padre made it very relaxed and..well, special.
- Emily looked awesome in her dress. I can't stress that enough.
- I had a zit that developed just for the wedding. Comments were made: "Did you pick up your pimple's tux?" etc.
- The Reception 'appeared' to be fraught with disasters, but from the guests perspective, i'm pretty sure they didn't see my head about to explode in a million brainy parts.
- The cake was awesome, but the only piece I got was the one Emily shoved in my mouth.
- Other details existed, but I can't recall them all right now.
Now onto the Honeymoon. After getting about four hours of sleep, the honeymoon started off nice enough:
- Who doesn't love airport lines? I love having my bags tripled checked and waiting in long lines.
- We knew something was up when the NCL Cruise Rep. coralled us with some other Airport-to-Dock Transfer guests, who averaged 30 yrs. older than us.
- Sure enough, it's like a Viagra Convention on the Ship.
- The waters were kinda choppy, which scared the crap out of Emily. I told her that walking around was like one big water bed, except that the Water Bed could collide with another large object and incidently kill everyone on board the bed.
- A Norwegian Captain--which meant aloof intercom updates that rambled on for minutes.
- The food wasn't that bad, but you sure do get sick of it in no time.
- All the activities were geared towards older clientele. Hankerchief/Bead making, Shuffle Board Tourney's, Tanzanite Seminars and Choosing Your Coffin were always on the itinerary.
- They had a 50's & 60's Night at one of the lounges. I thought it was the theme, but it was apparently the minimum age needed to get in.
- The Shore Excursions were the best part, especially if they had "Alchohol Provided".
- Snorkling was a great 10 minute adventure. Unfortunately I was not able to hold the quarts of salt water draining into my snorkel.
- The beaches were GORGEOUS. I use gorgeous because Emily's aunts from Florida used it so much, it's now apart of my daily vernacular.
- We did end up meeting some people who were older than us. The only thing we could usually talk about is how much we could of been their Grand Children and how much they hated interracial couples, except that I was ok, since I was one of the good ones (just kidding).
- The best part was getting home to Austin!
On a side note, I was not impressed by the Red Beans and Rice plates available in New Orleans. I was a little shocked to find that Popeyes Chicken's RB&R is still of higher quality than anything you can find in that armpit of a town.
posted by HZA | 12:45 PM | email | archive
