Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Hey, so we're out at Luby's..and the 'meat' lady asks what I want. I ask for the Lujan Platter w/Turkey and Dressing. I don't know what that ladies 'beef' (get it?) was, but she gave me the skinniest, most pathetic piece of turkey this side of Botswania. My old lady asks for the grilled fish and get's a jello cube sized morsel of fish, but look, she'll top it off with the a HUGE maw of tater sauce that easily eclipses the fish.

I guess it was review time at Luby's and she got shafted, but heck, more likely she found out that the salad woman was talking shit about her earlier that week. Either way, that's no way to treat future elderly patrons like my wife and I. I was about to tell her: "Look here, i'm just trying to take my girl out to a real fancy restaurant. I mean, this has got to be one of the top three cafeteria's in town, bar none...and you're trying to pass of this piece of Hormel off as a Lujan Platter? I'd sooner take my business to Furr's."

I ended up not saying anything and ate my meal like a chump.

Emily wants to try something new this weekend and mentioned the Bob Marley Festival at the Auditorium Shores. I love Bob Marley as much as the next guy, but damn, the last thing I want is a bunch of rastafarian white guys telling me 'what the real crime is' and 'that riding crop you're sitting on is made entirely out of 100% pure hemp. no shit." But I dunno, it might be fun.

Well, i'm off to sleep, here's some random images:








posted by HZA | 11:13 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr