Friday, April 09, 2004
Rants, Raves, Updates, Bubbles & Squeak. It's been a while since i've rapped at ya. Let me start with this: Fed-Ex is the most infuriating courier i've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Sure, they're quick, they're on time and your package doesn't get mangled, but waiting around for them is a shot in the dark.

Their Ground Shipping crew is either early or too late or deliver to the apartment office without you ever knowing. I hate the 'Oh, I hear the sound of a delivery truck' running to the window to see if they're out there and they're not feeling. That's what it's been all week. I finally got the Zeiss 45mm Planar f/2.0 for the Contax G1 (which I haven't had the chance to develop any film with as of yet) and my new Canon 70-200 F/2.8L got delivered to the front office without me knowing yesterday. So I have to wait for this afternoon to get my grubby hands on it. Waiting kills.

Here's an interesting story: I was driving down 290W the other day when a CHICKEN/ROOSTER out of nowhere comes running off the side of the highway, tears ass across and causes a Jeep Wrangler and myself to slam on the breaks to avoid it.

The fowl continues to run straight on through the oncoming traffic lane and dissappears in the thicket. A strange sight indeed, which warranted a 'WHAT THE F***" from yours truly.

Emily has been stepping up to the plate with the cooking. Last night was spaghetti. Not really an esoteric dish to be sure, but a good one nonetheless.

Movies we've seen since we joined NetFlix:

1.) Adaptation - Great movie! Charlie Kaufman blows my mind.
2.) Crying Game - She's a He and the movie's alright.
3.) Run Lola Run - Heard alot about this movie and ultimately, I wasn't too impressed. We watched it in English Dubbed, so maybe that was the reason.
4.) About Schmidt - Loved this movie. I may have already said something about it, but go see it.
5.) Backbeat - I had already seen it, but Emily hadn't. It has the GREAT STEPHEN DORF (Mr. Show reference) and is an enjoyable movie. Although they don't sound like the Beatles when they're singing in Hamburg.

General Motor's new Styling:

1.) The Chevy Colorado is a very good looking mid-size truck that looks like a compact truck in real life (imagine a minituraized Silverado).
2.) The C6 Chevy Corvette is greatest thing to come out of Detroit since the C5 Corvette. So what if they're taking their design cues from Italy? Where else would you take them from? Opal? Fiat? Daewoo? In a world that's filled with Retro-Designs (see New Mustang, Thunderbird, etc.) it's good to see somebody move forward with their designs.
3.) Cadillac CTS, CTS-V, XLR--WHOA. These are seriously GREAT looking cars. They've really done something with their Science and Technology Theme since the original concept back in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember). If the CTS-V only had a more aggressive body package, it'd really give the BMW M5 a run for it's money.

Speaking of Sports Sedans, the New Acura TL is probably the nicest looking, obtainable, Near-Luxery Sports Sedan you can get. The previous generation was good, but this one is just...Gooder. I've seen a couple on the road over the last couple months and it's taught, low, wide, sporty, gorgeous and too cool for school. Kinda like me.

Of course, it still does not hold a candle to the crown jewel of the Acura line: The base model RSX, without spoiler. There can only be one.

As the Pontiff Potentate purportedly said: "It is at is it was." That's all folks, everyone have a good Easter.
posted by HZA | 9:27 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr