Friday, April 02, 2004
There's three things I love in life: Fast Women, Fast Cars and FAST LENSES! A fellow member of the Fred Miranda Photography Forum is trading me my 70-200 f/4L lens for his 70-200 f/2.8L lens plus cash difference. TOO SWEET. I'm hoping to get the lens in by the end of next week.

The two lenses perform optically the same at the applicable apertures, but the fast aperture of F/2.8 will be a God send. The 70-200 f/2.8L has pretty much a solid reputation as one of the finest lenses ever produced in any format.

A couple weeks ago, I went to my little sister's track meet held in the evening and was pretty much limited by my 70-200 f/4L's maximum aperture of 4.0, even cranked to ISO 1600. I was in a pretty shitty spot to be taking pictures anyways, but I couldn't get a shutter speed faster than about 1/30-1/60th. Not fast enough to stop a bunch of high schoolers running or catching the track coach picking his nose.

On another note: Emily made some good stuff earlier this week, including Pork Chops w/Spanish Rice (weird combo--i know), so there seems to be a lull in the sandwich roulette that we play. She had also joined a Book Club that met at Z Tejas Grill. I'm not sure how Mad Libs made it onto the recommended reading list, but it did. It's good to see her spread her wings and meet other like minded married women who leave their husbands behind with a freezer full of Budget Gourmet's. It's real--nice.

Just kidding baby, the Oriental Noodles with Chicken Sauce and Spagetti Marana was DA BOMB!
posted by HZA | 1:20 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr