Monday, June 07, 2004
Eventful and Uneventful weekend. So we go to that wedding downtown last Friday. I don't want to single anybody out, but they had the ceremony where the brother "dedicated" a self penned song to the-be-weds. It was an acoustic number that last..i'm not exaggerating..close to 8 minutes long. It lasted longer than the actual matrimonial ceremony.

He wasn't that bad of a guitar player, but I failed to correlate the meaning of the song to, you know, marriage. Another attendee was an up and coming rap mogul who was starting a rap label here in town. Although he was interesting enough to talk to, Puff Daddy he was not. Or Suge. Or Dupri. Or Damon Dash.

Overall, a pretty mundane wedding, but the drinks were free and the parking was too!

Saturday, Emily went to Carlos n' Charlies for the 94.7 bash (white people only, that's why I wasn't invited). I opted to get some beers, play some putt putt and tear through the curves on go-karts with my dawgs. Too bad some of them couldn't make it, but it was fun nonetheless.

Sunday was the 5th Season Finale of the Sopranos. It was a good episode, and although Tony ended up on top at the end of the show, you can tell his mafioso empire is starting to crumble and to be concluded in the 6th season. I can't wait.

ALSO--Detroit takes Game 1 over Los Angeles! Interesting enough, it was considered a 'must win' for Detroit, which they now head back strong to the Motor City for the next three games. The much vaunted Detroit Defense came through over the Triangle, which could stretch the series to 7 games, but I suspect it'll be over by Game 6 by the Lakers.
posted by HZA | 11:00 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr