|
Friday, June 04, 2004
|
WEDDING TONIGHT. Em and I got invited for a Friday night wedding downtown tonight. This will be the first wedding we've attended since our own, so it'll be good to relax and make fun of the groom/bride as much as people made fun of us.
Yesterday Em had to get an EKG to help with her diagnosis of cheapness, which runs in her family, especially her brother. Ha, just kidding. Everything's ok, just a routine examination.
While I was waiting around for her, I checked out the Hospital Cafeteria--Not so good. I admit I got a little excited at the prospect of 50 cent scrambled eggs, but they failed to live up to the great expectations I had. Incidently, I paid for $1.50's worth of scrambled eggs. The bacon was decent, probably on par with the bacon left over 10 minutes before the Shoney's breakfast buffet closes.
I've been watching the National Spelling Bee on ESPN2 and lemme tell you: that's some intense exteme sports. Really. They throw words at these kids that are out there. Words you'd probably only hear at places like a Wine Bar.
You should see the amount of athelticism these kids have. One 8th grader took a spill on stage, got back up and spelled his word WITHOUT asking for definitions or usage. He's considered the Steve McNair of Spelling Bee Contestants in some circles.
posted by HZA | 11:17 AM | email | archive
