Monday, July 05, 2004

Can you spot the roasted weenie in this pic?


The Foorth. The Gimp made up for all his shortcomings of his 2002 4th debacle by having a hot dog / bratwurst cookout at the park. The 02' affair was remembered fondly as the time The General berated The Gimp infront of the troops. Well, everything was ok this time, except for the bugs who decided that this humid Texas summer was the opportune time to screw all of us over.

Em and I also celebrated the foorth by seeing Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11. A good film that really should be seen by all red blooded Americans and Resident Aliens so they can formulate their own opinions. Heck, I even downloaded the crappy CAM version off BitTorrent to show people, but it just reinforced my personal reason for hating downloaded movies: I can't stand the quality.

I also got a chance to see Spider-Man 2, which cements the Spidey Franchise as THE best Comic Book Movie Franchise EVER. Another tid-bit that you should know, Michael Chabon, the Pulitzer-Prize winning novelist, did a rewrite of the story that was originally penned by the Smallville scribes. Not only does my sex appeal go down by 20 points for saying that, I have to roll to save vs Dork Elimination now.

Go see it for the pageantry, go see it for the action, go see it for Spidey.

Other news:

I broke down and tried the iPod at Fry's on Monday. It's cool. It's pretty damn cool, actually. I'll never buy one.

Em's older brother bought a Scion Tc, which blew my mind because technically, his market segment should be somewhere in the Buick region. Either way, this is definately one cool car for the price. I would of had a hard time deciding between the Scion Tc and the Acura RSX, had there been a Scion option back in 02'. Since the base model Acura RSX with no spoiler is considered one the the sexiest cars ever produced, I guess the decision would still be hard.

We saw "Who Want's to Marry my Dad" last night for the Monday Night Filler. It's a dating elimination game where three daughters make the decision to cut their father's suitors down to one for a marriage free-for-all. The show was complete with crying, backstabbing and lie detectors. I think the real ringer should of been to throw one man into the equation to 'spice it up a notch'. The 'Man-Suitor' is automatically immune to elimination until the last two rounds and has to have three mandatory "night caps" with the Dad as well as guaranteed one date at the pool. That would be funny TV.


posted by HZA | 9:09 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr