|
Monday, August 16, 2004
|
I think I'm going metro..and I'm blaming Em for it. I've got some proof of it too:
Sample 1:
Em comes home from the grocery store and declares: "Hey, I got some of that good St. Ive's lotion." For a moment there, I got excited. This is from the man who people called 'Ashy Larry' for years at work.
Sample 2:
My Brother's wife is a hair stylist. We went to her shop last Friday and she not only gave me a kickass hair cut (like she always does), she shampoo'd my hair. I can't explain in words how good that feels. Afterwards, Em and Michelle just laughed at me. This was similar to the monkey/monolith scene in 2001 : A Space Odyssey, which was a visual interpretation of evolution and intelligence in mankind. Except that my version was hair related.
Sample 3:
I've been an avid fan of Head and Shoulders Electric Mist Revival or somethingrather brand of shampoo for a long time. This weekend I decided to try out some of Em's high priced snake oil and I must admit, it was nice. I'm not sure how long this trend will last, as I'm a model of effeciency and having to make two cycles of shampoo and conditioner is just a waste of time for me.
---
New Music. I've been listening to some new stuff over the last two weeks and here's my own lowdown:
- The Killers : Hot Fuss. This is a great album that melds Brit Pop, 80's Synthesizers and Garage Rock. Compared to other fluffy psuedo-indie rock junk like Maroon 5, this is on a higher level. Big ups to P-diddy for bringing this to our attention.
- Keane : Hopes and Fears. Another P.Diddy band. I'm not too keen (har har) on their music, but it's worth a listen.
- Kashmir : Zitilites. On first listen, I really dug this album, but subsequent listens to Denmark's biggest rock act has taken a nose dive. If it was for the beautifully haunting Radiohead's "The Bends"-esque track, Ruby's Over Diamonds, it would sunk in my playlist.
- Jadakiss : Kiss of Death. Like most thing Hip-Hop right now, the money is the production. The good thing is the beats are good, but Jadakiss isn't my favorite MC making this album mediocre in my opinion.
- Sahara Hotnights : Kiss and tell - Skandinavian Girl Band with bits of Replacements and The Hives thrown in for good measure. A ok album, but their first single, Hot Night Crash, sure is catchy.
- The Roots : Tipping Point. Proves again that The Roots are the best Hip-Hop Band out there. They meld street rap, spoken word and instrumentals better than just about anybody.
- Badly Drawn Boy : One Plus One Equals One. I'll admit that 2002's Have you fed the fish wasn't an all too great album from the one man band wonder, but this one shows promise. So far, a hit and miss with the critics.
posted by HZA | 12:35 PM | email | archive
