|
Thursday, September 02, 2004
|
I've got a fever that can only be cured by more Lens. Getting an early birthday present, which is another lens for my Contax G1! The Asian Camera Gene that was dormant for years has exploded in me and there's no end in site.
This is a wide angle Zeiss 28mm f/2.8 T* Biogon. Without having to repeat myself, I'll let the marketing guru's at Carl Zeiss International do all the talking:The Biogon lens configuration was invented by Dr. Ludwig Bertele and still remains a benchmark design in optical history. It is an immortal design favored by photographers for many years. An advantage of this lens is that since there is no mirror in the camera very little distance is required between the lens and film.Sound good right? We'll see.
The lens designers, therefore, could develop the Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 lens with almost perfect correction of distortion. The Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 lens is almost completely symmetrical in design and has lower distortion than Distagon wide angle lenses on SLRs. The Biogon T* 28mm f2.8 is a highly regarded lens greatly desired by professional photographers for regular use providing high performance in any shooting situation.
---
Untitled.
Canon 10D, 28-80 f/3.5-4.5
Untitled.
Canon 10D, 28-80 f/3.5-4.5
---
Public Announcement: Your Kids. Hey, you have beautiful children, that's great, but nothing burns my ass more than when people yack on for minutes about how their kid is a Gold Star Student at Sage Brush or how he/she helped you cook that roast last weekend. There was an older lady in my class last night that reached the flash point: she reached into her purse and pulled out pictures of her kids.
To be honest with you, they looked kinda mongo-ish.
I try not to be an asshole, but next time this happens I'm just gonna have to turn my head and say "Enough. I understand you're proud of your children, but after you're done, I'm going to show you a pictorial series of how I caulked the bathroom tub, since I'm real proud of that."
---
The Cyclopean Tale. This story cracks me up because of it's absurdity. Years ago, I was taking Art History I and we were covering early Aegean Art, specifically early impressions of Greek Myths. The instructor went through two or three slides from an early period (Cycladic, Minoan or Mycenaean, can't even remember) with an emphasis on the cyclopean giants. After the slide presentation was over, she asked the class if anyone had any questions.
One girl asked, "Whatever happened to the Cyclops?"
The Instructor replied, "I'm sure the artwork is preserved in some museums across the world, but there's probably not many left in the natural world."
"So, were they able to find any skulls?"
To say I had a hard time holding in my laughter would be too mild--I had the most excruciating time holding in my laughter. The instructor kinda chuckled and said: "Oh, I don't think they ever existed."
Everyone looked at each other with that did she really say that? look, except for one girl who had that thank God she asked before I did look. Emily always says this when I mention this story, "Poor girl, she had no idea." Yeah, but aren't Cyclops up there with Unicorns, Griffins and Libertarians as mythical beasts of mirth?
---
Emily's Secret. A couple weeks ago, I was in a stupid mode and took a pair of Em's super sexy undergarments, put it on my head and continued to do mundane around the house things. Emily caught on real quick and said, "Ok hot sh*t, I'll give you $1,000 from our savings to spend on whatever you want if you go out to Costco with my underwear on your head."
"You got it babe." I got dressed, made it out to the car, but we weren't half way to Costco until I broke down and took the super sexy undergarment off my head. It was just too embarrassing, because purple is not my color.
I subsequently threw them in the glove box and forgot about them. Now it's been a source of uneasiness when people open the glove box to find a pair of super sexy garments in them. Apparently Em's mom found them and asked, "Are these clean?"
posted by HZA | 9:13 PM | email | archive
