Wednesday, September 15, 2004
"Well, The highways jammed with broken heroes
On a last chance power drive.."

Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run.


You wouldn't believe what I saw this morning. Driving North on Mopac, close to the 6th street exit, I saw smoke billowing from a distance. As everyone slowed down, I drove closer, a car on the shoulder had a fire blazing from the open hood.

The car was so old looking, it looked to be ripped straight from the script of Mad Max. Some of you may have seen this in your lifetime, but I apparently have been sheltered from the experience of cars being on fire. Hopefully firefighters got to it on time before it got to the gas tank.

Later on down the way, there was an old Cheville broken down with flares behind it. I'm not kidding you, the driver working on the car had a leather vest on with black gloves. For sure, Mel Gibsonesque looking.

Austin has finally turned into the post-apocalyptic free for all envisioned in the Mad Max thrillogy.

---

Em's parents got me 'The Office' Season 1/2 last night! Sweet! If you guys haven't checked it out, it's the best thing from England since The American Revolution.

---

The Complete Led Zeppelin Studio Recordings. Les Wally Champe told me today that he 'procured' the entire Led Zeppelin Studio Recordings that totaled approximately 1GB of data. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

In other entertainment news, Em and I finally got to see the trailer to Wes Anderson's upcoming film "The Aquatic Life with Steve Zisou", with Bill Murray at the helm. Nothing goes better together than Wes Anderson and Bill Murray except possibly, Two Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches for the Price of One.

Millions of 'The Passion of The Christ' DVD's have been sold, but it still doesn't quell the Christian critics who say the book was better.
posted by HZA | 9:53 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr