|
Monday, October 18, 2004
|
Ain't nothing like relaxing to hard work on the weekend. My mom was putting in new tile for her shop Saturday, so that meant all her furniture and equipment had to be moved out. While I was at it, I helped the tile guys remove the old vinyl tile that was in place. Lemme tell you, it sucked.
The tile guys even said it sucked. I got blisters on my hands from the tile remover, which one of the tile guys remarked, "You got delicate hands, I can tell."
You think? I push keyboard buttons all day at work--of course I got soft hands.
---
Getting closer to a home. We're in the final stages of waiting to close. The only thing holding us back is if the seller will pay for some things, like the leaking roof, the huge endless pit in the living room, the two human heads in the ventilator shaft and the missing rear wall. Just kidding, the inspector said it was in good shape.
He was mentioning something about the locks that segwayed into asbestos, then took a u-turn into something about drywall, then I eventually got lost. I'm sure he put somewhere in the final report about my soft hands.
Em and I went to the Home Depot this weekend to see how much money we could blow. I asked her what she thought would be a reasonable price for custom blinds in the living room. Her answer? 500 bucks. Yeah, my mouth dropped.
"Girl, you just poor Vietnamese trash like me. It looks like these simulated wood blind will do just fine...and they're only 10 bucks a pop."
---
Something I hate to admit. I got sucked into CMT's Top 100 Country Songs last night. I don't particulary dig modern Country Music, but it was good for a few wasted hours. What's particulary funny is how every modern country artist has a style crafted in the mold of Mutt Lange (see below). Now mind you, this is the Mutt Lange from the 80's.
Emily said to me, "Why are you watching this crap? I hate country music. It's so 'white trash'."
Then Randy Travis's "Forever and Ever Amen" came on.
"Oh..wait, I love that song."
Then George Straight's "Amarillo by Morning".
"That's a good one too."
Then Garth Brook's "The Dance".
"That's such a good song."
I knew it..you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but.. just kidding honey. You know I be playin'.
This is somehow connected to the funniest damn bumper sticker ever(of course it was on some redneck's truck): "IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT LIFE AFTER DEATH IS LIKE, JUST TOUCH A COWBOY'S TRUCK." I have no f--- idea what that means. If somebody can please email me the meaning, I can finally sleep at night.
posted by HZA | 9:55 AM | email | archive
