Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Drug abuse in America. The traffiking, selling and abuse of illegal substances is a socially crippling phenomena. It's effects can be direct, as close as the one you love or possibly indirect. Either way, it does have some effect on everyone.

I've had to come to terms with some of my own demons. For months, I knew that Jamal Lewis (of the Baltimore Ravens) could possibly miss some games because of his drug conspiracy charges, but all media reports said that he would not. This weekend I found out that it's quite possible that he'll be suspended for a few games because of the NFL's drug policy.

Jamal is my premier running back on my Fantasy Football Team. Not only have my 'veterans' stopped hustling, I could lose my main point earner for a few games. Already this week I had a meteoric drop to #5 in the Rankings. I'm right at 0.50, meaning I'm on the borderline between the elite and the scrubs. I'll probably be fighting The Gimp for the #8 seed if this suspension goes down.

Drugs--take my advice kids, just say no, or at least maybe until the season's over.
posted by HZA | 9:41 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr