Thursday, November 04, 2004
My Kingdom for a CD-R. I ran out of CD-R's the other day, so now my drive to work is nothing but talk radio. Ugh. I've been too tired to go get some more, so you bet your Damn Yankees that I'm getting some this weekend.

---

New lows in saving money. I told Em not to touch the thermostat because of this great weather. I woke up this morning and it was 64 degrees in our apartment: "You see, the more the temperature drops, the bigger our bank account grows!" I figure a week of no A/C will net us something like, 5 bucks on our utility bill.

---

Looks like we'll have to get a refund on our Jay-Z/R.Kelly concert tickets.

---

Clothes. Em and I really need to get some new clothes. I was looking through my picture archives and thought: these are good memories. F---! I'm wearing the same sh-- I am now.

Seriously, if there wasn't a time and date on the EXIF data, I could of sworn I took the picture last week--but these pictures are over a year old!! I've bought probably four new shirts since last year and they were all off the rack. A brotha like me can't be blowing his paycheck on the overpriced junk from U. Outfitters anymore. I got lenses to buy.

I went through my closet and saw my suit buried (as usual) somewhere in the junk. Fortunately, the moths hadn't gotten to it yet, because this suckers gonna be on me when I'm in my coffin. I even found my Wu-Tang Clan Jersey that I got w/The General and P.Diddy years ago. We didn't think they were ever going to come in, because it took something like a year to finally arrive.

We wore it for about two weeks until reality sunk in and told us that we weren't black.

---

"Did you vote?" my soon to be ex-boss asked me yesterday.

"Nah, because I'm riding a new wave of apathy." I said, which isn't entirely true, it's just that as a Resident Alien, I'm not allowed to vote. Speaking of which, the new Green Card is T-I-G-H-T (got my new one not too long ago). It looks like a high-tech VIP membership card to Spago's of New York or something.

I'll be applying soon enough, but it would of taken too long at the time of my Green Card renewal (for our honeymoon back in march). If I had waited, I'd be buss'ing tables at Carlos n' Charlies of Cozumel right now or selling shots with a tight shirt at some sand bar.
posted by HZA | 4:13 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr