|
Thursday, January 06, 2005
|
I got an itch for more lens. Unfortunately, the CFO ain't having it, so i'll have to stick to the tried and true method of saving up for one. Up next is either the Canon EF 17-40 f/4L or the Canon EF 100mm Macro (which all depends on which I can get a better deal used for).
Speaking of which, I went to a Pawn Shop not too long ago to see if they had anything cool. I saw a pretty sweet 1960's Minolta Hi-Matic compact rangefinder, but the dudes wanted over a hundred bucks for it (you can find the same ones on eBay for 30 bucks).
---
When HR Calls. Yay! HR got my two weeks notice Tuesday and gave me a friendly call.
HR: Well, we're glad to see you go.
Shit lady, you already laid me off.
HR: I was a little suprised by your notice..it's definitely much sooner than we anticipated.
Trust me, the though of that big fat unemployment check was pretty enticing, but I had to resist.
HR: What will you be doing in your new position?
Basically the same as I'm doing now..looking good and feeling great.
HR: Well, we're going to have to speed up the closeing procedures to keep pace with when you leave.
Damnit, about the same time I was about to speed up my amount of apathy for this place.
HR: Will you be available for contract work?
You mean coming in and sitting on my ass for 8 hours a day? Sure.
HR: Any final questions or comments before the final paperwork?
Yeah, I need a raise.
---
2004 Awards: 2004 Awards, because it's already 2005.
Best Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Best Comedy: Anchorman or Napoleon Dynamite. It's a close one, Anchorman for sheer laughs or NP for the sheer subtle humor.
Best Musical: The Phantom of the Opera. I mean, why the f--- not?
Athlete of the Year: Ron Artest. Because if the Pacer's win the NBA Championships, Detroit will repeat in rioting and burning.
Sports Event of the Year: Red Sox win the World Series.
Person of the Year: John Kerry. Remember him?
Band of the Year: The Killers or Franz Ferdinand.
Musical Dissapointment of the Year: Beastie Boys, To the 5 Boroughs.
Lens that I owned, of the Year: Zeiss 45mm Planar f/2 T* Sharp as bus full of MIT Math Grads.
Dog of the Year: Franky. I mean, who else?
posted by HZA | 2:40 PM | email | archive
