|
Sunday, January 16, 2005
|
Shopping with the woman. I spent the entire Saturday afternoon shopping with my old lady. I'm talking hard core clothes shopping that took us from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z. I hit the discount rack at the Old Navy with the quickness and found some long sleeve job for only four bucks. So this is how Neolithic Man felt, scrounging for an existence and bargain closeouts.
Strangely enough, Em didn't get that much at Old Navy. When I asked her why, she said, "I wanna hit the expensive stores at the mall." And so we did. We walked past Express/Express for Men, which had bins of sale clothes that had already been picked apart by the mall rats. It was disgusting.
I bought the tightest jeans i've ever had at The Gap (on sale!). I know how Em's dad feels now, because I could barely put my fist full of keys in pockets and everytime I bent over, the fear of ripping my pants loomed over my head.
This is all for a restructuring of my wardrobe to accomodate a new company that won't tolerate the 'So Casual, He Looks Comfortable' look i've been sporting for the last 6 years.
---
Peyton get's shut down by the Pats..again. You know what, ESPN.COM had a spread of Peyton where he's just looking down at the grass with a dissapointed look. I really feel for the guy, because by all accounts, he's suppose to be a great guy. Unless he does something soon, he's going to be to Tom Brady what Dan Marino was to Joe Montana all those years..without a Super Bowl Ring.
---
The Golden Globes are on! A notch lower in prestige than that of the Emmy's and only 100 awards short of The Grammy's number of awards given--but easily beats out the MTV Movie Awards and the Nickelodeon Awards. Somewhere in the Bush Leagues of the Award Shows lingers The Blockbuster Awards and the Teen Choice Awards.
The sun does not shine brighter than The Oscars however, for they are supreme. I am The Oscars. Thou shalt not have strange Award Shows before me.
---
The Wally Champ grabs life by the balls. Life, shocked at what's happening, screams. Wally was telling me he buckled down and told the girl he's been trying to hook up with at work that he's 'mad crazy for you' (but I assume, in his unassuming white bread way). Good for you man.
Next thing up is to pull Troy/P-Diddy's 'Rose-A-Day' High School trick. It worked then, why not now?
But the best trick in the book is this: Girls want BAD BOYS. I mean, B-A-AAD to the B-BBONE. To get Em to dig me, I had temporary tattos and put a BIG fat exhaust pipe on my Integra. It did the trick too. I also told her I shoplifted.
---
One more day at my last job. Whooppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
posted by HZA | 10:01 PM | email | archive
