|
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
|
Loving me some of that iPod action. My baby got me a 20GB iPod last weekend because she said I deserved it from all the bitching and moaning I've been doing. I was in no position to complain about that. Besides, the Costco had it at lower price than the Bestest Buy did.
So far, I've got about 2GB's of songs loaded, but I MUST HAVE MORE. I think I only have about 5GB's worth of music on my hard drive anyways. I hooked up my faithful old Grado Labs SR60 headphones (which are uglier than anything on the planet, but I wear them not for the fashion, but for the music) and it was a great sounding combination.
Here's my iPod overview:
PROS:
1.) Small. Smaller than a breadbox.
2.) Simple to use.
3.) Holds more music than a 1,000--no, 1 MILLION Jukeboxes.
4.) The scroll wheel man...the f---- scroll wheel. Sweet.
5.) Decent battery life (~8-10 hours).
6.) Rechargable by USB2/Firewire.
7.) Fast Transfer via USB2/Firewire.
8.) Portable Hard Drive storage.
CONS:
1.) iTunes...not so good Al (I'll be honest with you, I hate this software. It's a little better than Media Player and the others, but it's bloated).
2.) Supplied earbuds are decent at best.
3.) Being hard drive based, you can hear it accessing data..and we all know how sturdy these hard drives are.
4.) No real 'advanced' features that Apple would grace their users with.
5.) Having one suddenly puts in you in the WB/UPN Demograph (i.e. Abercrombie & Fitch wearing hucksters cruising in their Jeep Wranglers, looking for Venti Mochas--and listening to their iPods).
---
The sweetest thing. I think I can go three weeks on a one tank of gas because of the proximity of my new work place to home. This is a decrease of gas consumption by approximately 300%. You gotta have dreams, man.
---
A scene from Frank's (Em's brothers) trip to PENN. Wherein his ex-roomates old room is new again. Note not the Marvel Comics or Zeppelin's HOTH posters, but the Colonial wallpaper. You can't fake (or Photoshop) that.
posted by HZA | 10:27 PM | email | archive
