|
Saturday, March 05, 2005
|
Little did we know, there was a Texas Independence Day parade going on downtown. For those of you who don't know, Texas received it's Independence from Mexico when Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Quad fought 1500 Robot Mexicans at the Battle of the Alamo. The tumultuous end battle between Thornton and General Santa Ana was averted when Santa Ana suprised the New Texans with his Cloned Army of Mexicans.Need a great haircut? My sister and her bidness associate opened up a Hair Salon in Round Rock called First Impressions (within the Courtyard Salon Mall). I'll have the website, links, etc. up ASAP for those of you interested.
---
Downtown. Buddy Dave from new Work wanted to know if I wanted to go downtown to shoot some pictures near/around the capital last Saturday. I said why not. We had to go pick up some film at Precisi0n Camera, but unfortunately we had to wait outside for 30 minutes until they opened. A lady who was also waiting for the doors to open had asked us some technical questions on cameras. I answered her questions and gave her some suggestions, but she soon started talking about her entire life.
That wasn't apart of the deal. I zoned out as soon as possible and prayed for the store to open up early.
Down at the capital, the light was cruddy, thus my shots looked kinda cruddy. Dave took advantage of the crowds and used his flash, which is apparently a no-no inside the capital. I can't wait for them to find their antique artwork has disintegrated because of Dave's flash:
Capital Tour Guide:This is an original painting of Sam Houston as he rode down the Pecos Rive--OH SHIT. (Picks up his walkie-talkie) Command, we got a Code Omega 5-0-5-2-3. Yes, I'm dead serious. I'm aware it's Sunday. I don't care, wake up the Director. What's the condition? Sam fucking Houston looks like the undead!!
I'm sorry folks, tours over. We're going to have ya'll escorted out by a Texas Ranger. Don't forget to pickup a copy of the "Spirit of Texas Catalog" for five bucks at the gift shop.
This is where we get the uniquely Texan tradition of 'The Parade'.
I can't comment on the quality of the Parade, since I'm not a Parade Afficionado. It was somewhere in between the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and my local Neighborhood Easter Parade (the one with the fire engine throwing candy).
---
Mandatory Texas Capital shot. If you haven't taken one, you haven't l-i-v-ed. Canon 10D, 17-40mm f/4L
Fences. At the Capital. You get the idea. Canon 10D, 17-40mm f/4L
Shriner pulling a wheelie. Canon 10D, 28-70mm f/2.8L
Leaves. Canon 10D, 28-70mm f/2.8L
Peace Officer Memorial. Canon 10D, 17-40mm f/4L
Bench at Mayfield Park. Canon 10D, 50mm f/1.4
posted by HZA | 10:09 PM | email | archive
