| |
U2 get's inducted tonight..in the RnR Hall of Fame. Won't Bono's ego be eligible in five years? Here's a joke I remember hearing:When Stevie Ray Vaughn died, he was greeted at the pearly gates by Jimi Hendrix. Stevie was, needless to say, awestruck, especially when Jimi showed him around Rock and Roll heaven. They walked by a room, and inside was Janis Joplin, swimming in Southern Comfort. "WOW" said Stevie, "that's Janis Joplin!!" "Yeah" said Jimi. They next passed a room with Elvis inside, surrounded by bananas and bread, and he was furiously making fried banana sandwiches. Stevie was, again, awestruck. The next room contained Jim Morrison with stacks of paper around him, some laced with acid, others covered by Morrison's poetry drivel. Stevie smiled and decided hew was going to enjoy it there. The next room they passed had Bono (lead singer of U2) inside, and he was admiring himself in a mirror, doing his hair. "WAIT!" faltered Stevie, "Bono's not dead yet!!" "No no no," said Jimi, "That's God, he just thinks he's Bono!" Actually, I'm a big U2 fan. I have no idea why Justin Timberlake is performing though.
In other useless pop music news, the Rico on American Idol quit the competition. He's kicking it with Gunari, who (if you can remember) was Kelly Clarkson's lover in From Kelly to Justin, arguably the shittiest movie ever put to celluloid.
---
English Genius You scored 93% Beginner, 86% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 77% Expert! | | You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go! Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it! For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/. | |
My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender: | You scored higher than 38% on Beginner | | You scored higher than 16% on Intermediate | | You scored higher than 22% on Advanced | | You scored higher than 71% on Expert |
|
---

You know what that's a picture of? Emily rolling her eyes. This unhealthy obsession is fueled by desire. I had a Rolleiflex TLR on order from a well known NYC Camera Store, but I got cold feet after reading some lackluster reviews on their liberal rating policy of used equipment. After closer inspection of the pics they sent me of the taking lens, I decided to cancel it. If you've never seen a Rolleiflex TLR, they're pretty amazing works of engineering. The only way to compare them is to a fine Swiss Timepiece. I'm not talking Swatch/Swiss Army type here.*
* Did you know The Swatch Conglomorate owns Omega/Tissot/Rado/Longines and many other storied names in the Swiss Watch Industry? Did you also know that ETA, a Swatch Group company, provides a majority of these fine watches with their movements? Did you really care?
Anyways, I opted for this: Rolleiflex SLX 6X6 Medium Format SLR w/Rollei Planar HFT 80mm f/2.8 Lens. Still hasn't arrived at my door yet.
---
Gott take Franky to the vet in the morning..to get him dipped in Goooooolllld.
posted by HZA |
9:28 PM | email
| archive
|
> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

|