|
Sunday, April 24, 2005
|
Ain't nothing like taking pictures of a big, strong black man on a Saturday Morning.
Canon 10D, 50mm f/1.4
My brother was photographing a co-worker and his family at the Botanical Gardens this Saturday and he asked if I wanted to go along. Incidently, I forgot to charge my batteries up the previous night and had a blow out the first 10 shots. Fortunately for me, my brother had all 3 of his DSLR's on him.
After the shoot, we decided to hang around the Gardens and do some more shooting. It was apparently THE day to bring your camera out because the place was crawling with rabid photographers.
There was even a photography class/group there. We made note of how many Asians were in the group, which was between 50-100%. Take a wild guess.
---
Canon CanoScan 8400F. I finally got a decent scanner to scan my medium format negatives. Fry's had it for a pretty good price and I've been spending some quality time with it this weekend to see if it'll replace my dedicated 35mm Nikon scanner. So far so good, but I can only get a decent scan of it with the included Canon software, but I can't get Vuescan to work with B/W negatives well.
My photogallery has some Rolleiflex SLX scans in there, redone with the 8400F, instead of a straight print scan.
posted by HZA | 2:57 PM | email | archive
