|
Sunday, May 29, 2005
|
Happy Pre-Memorial Day! Hey, it's the freakin' weeken', we're going to have us some FUN! Nothing much going on here, except that Em and I checked out Oceans 12 last night--I liked it as much as the original. I'm glad they kept the Asian grease man from '11, because there's not many of us brothas represented in Hollywood (respect). Yeah, I know he's Chinese, but I take whatever I can get.
---
Going back, back to the Outback. Em and I decided to eat some Outback's Steak House the other night at about 5:00pm. If you don't eat this early, you don't have a membership to AARP. People were probably thinking we'd try to hustle a senior citizen discount out of the joint, because everyone else in the establishment was pushing 60+. If Matlock was on the sports screens, I would have laughed giddily.
The food wasn't that great, so we vowed to never eat there again, unless someone else is paying. Somehow, the "unless someone else is paying" is so pervasive in just about any ultimatum you make, it really doesn't mean jack.
After we left, Emily shifted in her seat and tilted her body to say, "ICE-CREAM." I took the Millennium 'Terra to Amy's, where we fed our fat asses ice-cream served by Drag Rats. Emily had the Mexican Vanilla with American Reece's Cups, and I had the Mint Julip (seriously, it sounded good on the board). I told the lady the waffle cone and she asked if I wanted two scoops. Who ever says "no" to more?
Well, shit, the cone was as big as Franky on a Wishbone binge. The Mint Julip Ice-Cream? Not so good. It was a little sweet, followed by an aftertaste of everything at Whole Foods mashed into one organic edible substance. I ate it anyways damnit, since I paid almost 5 bucks for it.
---
Blue Balled by bags. Dave up at A-R-A told Wally and I that he got a new Timberland backpack at Beales, where they were having a massive sales clearance on them. He said they had all kinds of bags, a plethora of bags, if you will. Wally and I got excited so we headed up there after work. When we get there, there's one dinky rack with about two different styles. We combed the store over, looking for this veritable selection of massively discounted carry-wear, but no luck.
---
Here's some shots from Town Lake (All with the Canon A2E and 50mm f/1.4 on Kodak Gold 200):
posted by HZA | 4:42 PM | email | archive
