Monday, July 11, 2005
Does Mix 94.7 have Headphones for Homies? The General has the nastiest headphones I've ever seen at work. He wore the foam out on them so he wears them 'in the raw' to listen to his morning talk shows. I was thinking if Mix 94.7 ever added to their Bikes for Tots Program with Headphones for Homie's, I'd definitely write a letter to JB/Sandy.
Dear JB/Sandy,

My co-worker is the hardest working guy I know. Everyday he comes in and gives it his all. He currently works two jobs to support his family and works off a two year old set of contact lenses. I saw the headphones he listens to his Howard Stern (before he goes to Satellite Radio) today, and must say that they are as in bad condition as his car. He drives a Mitsubishi Expo that's seen better days..Well, let's just put it this way, if All Dogs go to Heaven, his car's already in hell.

Around the office, he's always helping people out and never complains about his bum foot. A real class act. Every Friday he makes sopapillas for our entire department and shines our shoes (real good). On his breaks, he's always handing us mints, hand towels and cologne in the bathroom (with a smile). He also saved an entire orphanage of Ethiopians with his sheer will.

If you could find it in your hearts to reward him with one of your $20.00 USD headphones, I'm sure this will be the best Christmas ever.

---

The Reception. Went to a wedding reception for Amy's mom last Friday. Had a real good time, but it was H-H-Hot. I was expecting to get my new 1D MKII in Friday, but check clearing delays kept it from being in my hands. No problem though, shot it with my trusty Canon 10D.

The following Saturday, Em and I were planning on spending the day at either Ink's Lake or Lost Maples, but our sheer lack of energy and gumption delayed it. Instead, we went to Mannyhattan's, followed by our first trip to Crate & Barrel.

There's absolutely nothing there for me. Nada. I looked around and saw another guy with the same face as I did. We both did that confirming 'I'm not gay, I'm here with the woman' nod and went on our way. Besides, there were too many white guys w/their Asian girlfriends and Passats for my taste. If you want good furniture for cheap, check out 1272 Oleander Dr. The guy there just threw out a bitchin' couch, which you probably get to before the garbage man does.

---

Women: The Ultimate Playa Haters. I was telling the guys last Friday at lunch that women are the ultimate playa haters. Any guy that's reading this right now can attest to that. How many times has your girl thought some other girl looked too slutty? too skinny? too much of a bitch? Well, there you have it.

The General nodded in agreement and Wally blinked in agreement.

To back it up, even Em's mom was drinking the Hatorade at dinner last night, when she hated on a guy for be disproportionately too ugly for the wife(?) he was with.

---

Wally: Judgement Day. The General and I think Wally is really a robot, and the only reason he hangs around with us is because he's been sent back in time by our future selves to protect us against the Wally-1000.
posted by HZA | 9:50 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr