Friday, July 01, 2005
I said, don't touch the thermostat. There's a coup going on at my house. Em's been complaining about my totalitarian control of the thermostat, which is now precision programmed to save us money during the sweltering summer heat. It's my regime girl, and I call it like I see it.

If sweat paid the bills, that sucker would be off right now.

---

30 Days on FX. Has anyone see Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days Show on FX? I've seen two episodes so far, the premier and the much touted white-bread American living in Muslim Michigan one. The latter was a monumental let down, which incidentally proved that you shouldn't give people too much credit, especially in the area of intelligence.

The perplexing moment occurred when they asked the 30-Days participant if he knew that Islam was an extension of Judaism, in which he replied "No, I didn't." I mean, honestly, who doesn't know this? I think even Joe Scarborough knew it*. An episode of complete blandness that was missing the endearing qualities of the premier episode.

If you haven't had a chance to see the premier, it was 30 days living off minimum wage. It showed, by example, the growing economic class rift in America and the struggle of those who haven't benefited from the booming markets of the last decade. I (personally) have no delusions that poverty can ever be eliminated, because our society directly reflects the human condition in which we participate in.

If FX ever replays it, TiVo/DVR or just watch it.

*Here's a funny page: If you liked MSNBC's Scarborough Country, then IMDB.COM recommends the following.

---

My buddy Dave from my old work has a family blog up that has a running commentary by his wife, Amy. They're definitely Mexi-Cans--not Mexi-Cant's (just kidding). Check it out here.

---

I'm saving my pennies..Only 50 more lawns to mow and my last summer paper route:


"Hi. I'm single, Japanese and have a 54mm diameter stainless steel mount to accept over 50 EF Lenses."

posted by HZA | 10:02 PM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr