Monday, August 22, 2005
Good to be home. I don't know why we take trips, we always end up wanting to come back home. Some highlights:

  • Mexicans--everywhere. You're probably thinking I'm using the term Mexicans lighlty here, but I'm serious, they were from Mexico (at least their license plates indicated so). Nothing like cramming 50 of them in a hotel room and having their kids tear the place up looking for free nachos. And yes, there were free nachos at the hotel.

  • Great Shopping to be had on the island. If you ever wanted shot glasses, boogie boards or 5 T-Shirts for 20 bucks, this is the place to be. While you're at it, pick up some high priced Corona swag while you're there.

  • ..while on the beach, Emily accidently flings sand from the beach mat all over the couple next to us. Caught by the wind, all she can do is apologize while the sand continues to fly in their face. I was called in to control the beach mat, but by that point, the comedy index was at an all time high.

  • Hot has balls.

  • Get into an argument about peeing in the ocean, or not peeing in the ocean. Hey, all I can say is it's a long walk back to the hotel.


Here's some pics:


COCKTAILS! YEAH!


Em and I outside Fishb0nes, Padre's 100290th Seafood Restaurant (and Grill).


Em on the rocks.


To confirm to the boss that I indeed, went out of town.


I went out one morning to take pics and I met Dr. Ramirez, who's a life long photographer. He told me that during the occupation of Japan after WWII, he was stationed there and was able to take a tour of the Canon factory back in the day. I have every reason to believe him, because as most people know, old men don't lie.


Em running away from the sun, who tracked us down and burnt us.




This dog was just chilling out in the water, while his owner was fishing.


The Perfect Storm.


Fishing.


An assortment of fine evening wear, available in South Padre. I picked out a nice, low neck "Brown By Honor" T-Shirt to accentuate my Denim Shorts.


---

Canon 5D. Canon has released the Canon 5D, slotted below the 1-Series cameras and above the 20D, but comes with a full 35mm frame sensor at 13-MP. It's a bit slow (3-FPS), but would be perfect for landscape photographers.
posted by HZA | 10:02 AM | email | archive

> PHOTOS/FLICKR
> MYSPACE
> FACEBOOK
> TWITTER
> CONTACT
> ABOUT
> ARCHIVE

Haifidelity. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr