|
Sunday, August 07, 2005
|
Mall Rats (incidentally) Em and I went to Sears looking for a new mower, but we decided to partake on some of the variant cuisines of "The Food Court". We walked pass the "new" Abercrombie/Fitch, which now has techno music blaring from the store, fronted by three "must be good looking (and white)" greeters. I thought it was a club downtown or some shit. On top of that, there's probably a cover charge.
I think I've finally flatlined on my fashions and am now strictly sticking to such places as JC Penny's and Sears for my outerwear. I'm about two steps away from the one-piece jumpsuit coveted by older gentlemen.
Anyways, I ended up getting a Toro model from Home Depot, which cut the lawn real good and only reinforced my deep seeded hatred for home ownership. On top of that, my regulator hose on my propane grill crapped out. I spent a good afternoon cleaning the burners and checking the igniters, yet 'twas all for nut.
---
Stupid TV Shows. Here's a comprehensive list of bad tv shows currently on air:
1.) Blow-Out on Bravo. Do you like it when idiots love to talk about themselves? Do you like it when that idiot looks like Patrick Swayze's mildly retarded (yet beefy) younger brother? If yes, then you'll love this show. It's about Patrick Swayze's mildly retarded younger brother who's in g@y denial. And he cuts hair. I've never wanted to punch my TV more.
Well, that's about it. I can pretty much stomach anything else out there.
---
Friday Night. Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever went to dinner, then been hijacked into going to Sixth Street? On top of that, your party invites a strange couple to come hang with you? That was my Friday night.
Amy's mom and step-dad took us out to dinner at Tokyo Steakhouse and if you've eaten hibachi before, then you know you're seated with strangers sometimes. We were at a table with a black couple, who were pretty cool and everyone had a good time. After the meal, we were saying goodbye when Amy asked them if they wanted to go to Speakeasy's with us.
I thought it was just dinner, but apparently there was some dancing to be had. Our new buddies said they'd follow us down to 6th Street. First thing that came to my mind was this: I wonder what they're thinking.
"What'do these white folk (and that Chinese guy) want with us?"
Well, we got down to Speakeasy's, had shots, fruity drinks, beer and there was some dancing to be had. I slayed it out on the dance floor--I mean literally, my moves blew fuses. They never seen a brown brother like me break loose like that since the last helicopter flew out of Hanoi. Good times.
posted by HZA | 10:03 PM | email | archive
